About the Project
InnPower wanted to update their customer statements and engaged with ERTH Corporation to redesign their utility bill based on industry best practices and customer input. In the early stages of the redesign, InnPower worked with the Town of Innisfil to launch a customer engagement initiative using Get Involved Innisfil, the Town’s customer engagement platform. Customers were able to share their ideas within this platform, as well as on social media. The customer engagement initiative ran for one month.
Upon completion of the customer engagement initiative, InnPower reviewed the results to identify common feedback and opportunities for design improvements.
With the expertise of ERTH’s technical and creative team and InnPower’s redesign team, InnPower was able to make the following changes to improve their bill design:
- Updated font style and increased font size
- Re-structured the bill to help customers easily identify specific sections
- Added more visuals to reduce text
- Added coloured charts that display electric and water consumption in comparison to the previous month and year
- Added a “Current Charges” section which visually breaks down the different service charges (electric, water/wastewater, thermal, gas)
- Increased character limit on the “Important Information” message box to allow for helpful messaging such as energy savings tips
- Added QR codes to allow for quick and easy access to InnPower and InnServices websites, customer portal and social media
- Added a demand chart for large volume customers
With the support of ERTH Corporation’s design and technical expertise, InnPower was able to develop a highly accessible, user-friendly design that allows customers to clearly understand their bill and make informed decisions for their household or business.